It's hard to believe I have not updated this journal since Easter. Well, we have been so very busy. Before we left Hill Country RV Resort we washed the clothes while we enjoyed the hot tub and pool. The next morning we headed for a park closer to our son's home in Cedar Park, La Hacienda RV Park in Austin, TX. It was a small but quaint and clean park. We will definately stay there when visiting our son and his family in the future. We invited Robbie and Hauani over for dinner and took them to a restaurant on Lake Travis. It was a wonderful evening.
A couple pulling a small trailer moved in next door. They had just bought the trailer and knew nothing about hooking it up. So, of course we help them. They said they were going to go fulltime. So I gave them a book about fulltiming, showed them our Passport America Book, and sold them on Escapees. I think we overwhelmed them. Later in the afternoon Willard and I had a little jam session. One of the neighbors heard us and stopped by to listen. We enjoyed entertaining. I wonder what will become of all of this?
On Wednesday we headed for Santa Fe, TX where Willard's brother lives. We parked in his driveway for almost a week. During that time we had a big family BBQ, Willard golfed with is brother that lives in Alvin, we played Bingo one night, and visited relatives. My brother came from Missoula, MT to participate in our Dad's burial. My sister planned the service. It was a small but reverant graveside burial. Nine attended. We left the next morning.
We drove to La Grange, TX and discovered a very nice RV park, named Colorado Landing. We enjoyed being near the Colorado River lined with hudge old Cottonwood trees filled with song birds. We also found a great restraunt called Fishes and Loaves a definate stop for anyone in the area. Robbie and Haunani came over for another visit. We enjoyed a spaghetti dinner at our site and took a lovely river walk. We have really enjoyed seeing them so much during the past week. Our visits with them are usually brief.
We then headed for Roaring Springs Ranch Club. What a nice surprise. It is a large park, with a golf course, springs, and pool. And there weren't many people there until the weekend. We enjoyed the peace and quiet after spending so much time with family. We even let Duster off his leash and let Worthless roam around hunting for birds and rabbits. It was the most relaxed time we have had in a long time. Willard golfed, fished, and played his guitar and sang his songs. I did some hiking and catching up on correspondance. We went to a Bob Wills festival in Turkey, TX, but the wind was unbearable, so we headed back to camp. Monday night I couldn't sleep, so I got up and turned on the TV. I turned to the weather channel (something I never do). They were predicting a storm moving into the area with rain, hail, and tornados. The next morning we packed up and headed toward New Mexico. That night we stayed in a busy Love's Truck Stop, something we will never do again, if we can help it. Neither of us got much sleep with all the noise.
The next morning we found the park we are in now, Hidden Valley Resort, which is just east of Albuquerque. That is where we are now and will be here until Sunday. We found a great Casino with great food and Willard had a chance to play Nickle Keno and I joined several live Poker games. We've met some wonderful people who are new fulltimers (class of 2006). Tomorrow we will explore the area. All is well. We still love this lifestyle!
Thursday, May 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
thanks for the update. ya'll have fun. we will be moving on around the 15th or 16th. going to pecos first then up your way, slowly.
Post a Comment