It's been so long since I have written anything and so much has happened. I'll begin with our activities today. Karen and Bill came by this morning about 8:00 and asked us to go with them to North Ranch (a nearby Escapees RV park) an have a biscuits and gravy breakfast. Of course, we didn't turn them down. After breakfast, we went to Wickenburg and went to all the garage sales we could find. I bought a sleeping bag, some corner shelves, a transister radio, a billfold, and a wooden model biplane. We met Carol and Bill at Kentucky Fried Chicken for lunch. Then after a stop at the grocery store and the post office, we headed back to camp. I cleaned up the RV while Willard played his guitar outside. I can't believe we can make such a mess of this place in such a short period of time. After supper, we took Duster for a walk around the camp then settled down to an evening watching TV.
Many of our friends have left Stanton or getting ready to leave. We plan on packing up and leaving about April 4, which is the last day we can "live" here. The rules say that no one can stay her over six months unless they are caretakers.
I have been having some health issues. My right eye needs some more attention. I am scheduled for surgery in two weeks and I will also be seeing a retina specialist. Also, I had an ecocardiogram to see if my heart valves are still leaking. They also took blood samples to see if my cholostral is still high. I also had an Xray of my lungs and took a breathing test. I'm trying to get ready for 6 months of traveling without having to worry about my health. I can't believe I have been having so many problems the past two years. I have always considered myself very healthy. I have changed my primary care physician to a doctor in Wickenburg, since we plan on staying near Wickenburg during the winters. And Prescot has quite a few specialists. I am now on Medicare and can receive medical attention anywhere. Before I qualified for Medicare, I had to go back to Utah for any madical problems, since my medical insurance did not cover anything out of state. Willard is strong and healthy. It is a good thing because he won't receive Medicare benefits until July. He was on my insurance, so he did not elect to have Medicare Plan B. We later found out that you can only apply for Medicare in Jan. and July. And it takes 6 months for the government to get the paper work done. He has hospatilization, so I told him, if he gets sick he is going to the emergency room. Enough of this!
Saturday, March 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment