Thursday, March 09, 2006

Crowned "Queen of the Road" of Stanton Red Hat Gold Miners





On Tuesday I was crowned as the Queen Mum "Queen of the Road" in the Red Hat Society here at Stanton. We had a dilicious brunch and invited the men. The Opera House was filled to capacity. Willard sang to me after Karen and were initiated. We all danced to "Queen of the Road." I take over in October 2006. I selected Karen to be the Mini Queen because I know she will be back next year the first of October and we work well together. We will plan the October activity, then ask other Red Hatters to take turns planning and organizing the other activities through March. We had so many outings, luncheons, and just fun activities this year. The Red Hat Society is a disorganization with no rules or fund raisers. We just have fun and enjoy each others company. We have about 40 members here at Stanton. I'm looking forward to next year. Judy, our Queen Mum for the past two years, did an outstanding job and is a great mentor. I just hope I can wear the crown with the same enthusiasm and fun.

No comments: