![]() |
| A free digital photobook by Smilebox |
Friday night we went with Carl and Aimee to their dance class. We learned to Rumba and Fox Trot. We can't wait for our next week's lesson. After the class we devoured a piece of delicious Texas pie. Willard and Aimee had Chocolate pie and Carl and I had Coconut Cream with a toasted meringue topping. Yummm.
The next evening after dinner, we gathered on the porch to watch the birds. We ended up talking until dark. It takes a long time to catch-up on about 55 years of living.
Back at the rig, I checked my computer for a weather report and discovered a tornado warning. So I decided to stay up to hold down the fort. Willard and Rocky went to bed. I was startled from my movie when our propane alarm went off. Seems I had a Sensey "candle" on and with the windows closed and the air-conditioner off the vapors triggered the screeming alarm. I finally hit it with a hammer to get it to stop. About then my computer alerted that we were now in a tornado watch. That was about midnight. I woke Willard up again and we turned on the TV to watch the local weather station, where we could follow the radar pictures as the worst of the storm moved to the northwest of Streetman. To be on the safe side, we got dressed in case we had to run to their rock studio - where Carl and Aimee are living while building their new home. The wind started blowing harder and the rain came down...into our toilet room. The wind had blown the vent cover up and it wouldn't come back down. Willard had to cut a hole in the screen and we managed to pull it closed with a coat hanger. By the time we got that problem solved the storm was about over. That was about 2:00 a.m. Exhausted, we went back to bed and let the rain lull us to sleep.
We learned that Corsicana had 80 mi. hour winds, which knocked out the power. That really didn't bother us because our motorhome switched over to the inverter. So we had lights! It was windy, but we've experienced higher winds at North Ranch and Stanton. We had some hail, but no damage. The tornado touched down in Van Zant county, just northwest of here. Needless to say, we slept late.
We woke up to a bright beautiful day.

No comments:
Post a Comment