Saturday, January 24, 2009
Saturday - The Last Day of the Campout in Q
A group of early risers gathered around the Louisiana Fireplace for coffee and donuts. I started preparing for the trip back to North Ranch. At 1:00 the women gathered to discuss ideas for living in our Alfa See Ya motorhomes. MaryAnne had a hot plate that I just loved. I must get one. She had some other great ideas to become more organized in the the kitchen. I also liked Robin's fold up colander. Dick and Melinda came over and we had a jam session. It was so much fun playing bluegrass music. It was a stretch at times because we were not familier with many of the songs; but, it was a good experience. Then...you guessed it....Happy Hour. Then at 5:00 we lined up to fill our plates with the food we all brought to the Sheriff's Potluck Dinner. Afterwards the sheriff was revealed. It was Nancy! She had spent the week taking notes on those of us that did not follow the rules. She fined Willard $1.00 for not remembering my birthday until 6:30 Suncay evening. I got fined for being too nice. Everyone had to pay a fine for some reason or another. It was all such fun. Clayton got a call from a Roadrunner trying to find our camp in the dark. Dianne and I went out to meet him and lead him in. It is hard enough to find this camp in the daytime much less at night. I think he was glad to see us. Don told me about a book they use while traveling: BIG RIGS, BEST BETS CAMPGROUND DIRECTORY. I will surely get that book before we take off in April. After a couple of hours socializing, we are back in the rig for the evening. Another great day with a lot of wonderful people. Life is good.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment