Monday, December 10, 2007

What Happened to November?

Well, my Blogging Buddies are wanting me to update. I'm attempting to try and remember all that we did in November. It was a busy month to say the least. We have been busy with the Gem and Mineral Club activities (meetings, the Gem and Mineral Show in Wickenburg, and outings to find rocks). I found some beautiful Apache Tears in a wash near Agila, AZ. Other club members found big beautiful geodes farther up the hill. It was a great outing.

I have been busy with the Stanton Red Hat Goldminers. About 25 of us caravaned to Prescott, AZ for Brunch and shopping. We donated our raffle money to a Red Hat group being started at a Prescott Care Center. The money will be used to help the ladies make their hats. We also had an Avon Party here in camp.

I have been learning to play Cribbage. I didn't know I was so weak at adding quickly in my head. My mind is drained after two hours of play. The group is so patient with me. It's a great brain exercise.

I've also been playing Texas Hold'em here at camp. There is a game every night. I play several times a week while Willard is watching his football games on television. It's fun. I've won some tournaments, but lost more.

Willard has been spending a lot of time working jigsaw puzzles lately. We have had several days of rain which shut down the dry washing for gold. And it's been too cold to metal detect. So, he shifted to inside activities during the day.

Of course, we play music: sometimes in our rig for our own enjoyment and sometimes with a group at a jam session here in camp. We play for a GPAA Christmas Party tonight. I think we will be the background music. It will give us practice playing up on a stage. We hope to play in the Escapees Escapade Ham-A-Rama in Wyoming this summer.

We have made plans to attend an Alfa Rally in Conroe, TX in April. We are from the area and will be visiting friends and family while there. Willard has a brother and niece in Alvin, TX and I have a sister in Santa Fe, TX. We have one nephew that lives in the Woodlands and another in the Houston area. We are looking forward to the visit.

We will spend Christmas in Ogden, UT this year. Our son, Joey, will be home several days before and after Christmas. He is usually traveling with the basketball team during the holidays. Dan plans on coming and bringing 4 of his kids from Cedar City, UT. It's been several years since we have all spent Christmas together as a family. We will leave our rig at Stanton. I'm just praying for fair weather on our travel days.

I have declared Wednesday as Jean Day. I go into town by myself for most of the day. The first Wed. I get my hair done; 2nd Wed, I get a massage; 3rd Wed. I have a facial; and the 4th Wed. I have a pedicure. I do a little shopping, see the doctor (if I need to), and just do what I want to do. It's been great.

I still have to wash the clothes, cook the meals, pay the bills, and clean the rig. But, that's life! I have been working on a few children's stories. I have one manuscript trying to stay out of a publisher's slush pile. Willard wonders why I have taken on these writing projects. I've been wonding the same thing. I've been reading the book, You Staying Young, trying to learn how to slow down the aging process a bit. It's been an interesting read. Hope I can put into practice some of the "must dos."

Merry Christmas to all our Blogger Friends. Hope to see ya on the road. Travel safely.

JB

No comments: