We arrived at the WH RV Resort in Ocean Shores, WA last Wednesday. I have no pictures to post because IT HASN'T STOPPED RAINING SINCE WE GOT HERE! That was 4 days ago. But, we are determined not let this gloom get us down! We have found some good restaurants and drove around the area to orient ourselves. And, we did drive down to the beach to look at the Pacific Ocean through the raindrops. Of course, we stayed in the truck with the heater on full blast. A few young brave tourists were running through the ankle deep waves, as their grandparents huddled together shaking their heads.
We went to WalMart and got Willard a Jigsaw Puzzle to work. He has it spread out on the table. I discovered a web page for writers and have immersed myself in the discussion form. I've also tried to work on several manuscripts. There's not much on TV, so I have been reading a couple of books. Willard tried metal-detecting here in the park between rain storms, but the mosquitos almost carried him off. And poor Duster can't find a dry place to pee.
"It will be nice next week," the locals say. "But, this rain is normal."
Tomorrow we hope to visit the Olympic National Park, if it's not raining. But, we understand it is the only rain forest in North America, so I think I'll take my umbrella along, just in case. Here is their web site if you're interested: http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/olympic/.
Last evening, Willard and I entertained a group of about 30 here at the resort. They seemed to like our music. About halfway through the program a man jumped up, removed my hat and proceeded to pass it around the room. They filled it with money. We in turn donated it to the park's Fun Fund. Our goal is to entertain in at least one RV park in 49 states (Willard won't fly to Hawaii). So far, we've played in Arizona, California, Utah, Montana, Oregon, and now Washington.
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment