Leaving the ocean side and into an inlet.
Look Ma, the sky is blue.
Well, we got sick of the rain, so we left Ocean Shores this morning. We traveled through the Olympic Rain Forest. It rained on us the entire trip. It had its own beauty. I'll try and download some pictures tomorrow. We met lots of logging trucks, passed several winerys, and got glimpses of the Pacific Ocean. We couldn't see Mt. RAINier because of the clouds.
This afternoon we arrived at Diamond Point RV Resort just east of Sequim. It doesn't rain as much here and is just beautiful. There is blooming lavender everywhere. They have an annual Lavender Festival in Sequim. The sunset was breathtaking. We went to a Casino for dinner and I played Texas Hold'm. I won $112. Willard played a Keno machine and came out about even. In the lounge they had a nice dance floor and a Small Band playing Big Band music. It was a joy to watch a full dance floor filled with senior citizens. They were wonderful dancers. We danced a few dances, but both of us were so tired we decided to call it quits and head back home. We walked Duster and enjoyed a nice rainless evening. I would come back to this area again.
We are going to leave early in the morning and try to get to Black Diamond, WA. It is near Flaming Geyser State Park east of Seattle.
This afternoon we arrived at Diamond Point RV Resort just east of Sequim. It doesn't rain as much here and is just beautiful. There is blooming lavender everywhere. They have an annual Lavender Festival in Sequim. The sunset was breathtaking. We went to a Casino for dinner and I played Texas Hold'm. I won $112. Willard played a Keno machine and came out about even. In the lounge they had a nice dance floor and a Small Band playing Big Band music. It was a joy to watch a full dance floor filled with senior citizens. They were wonderful dancers. We danced a few dances, but both of us were so tired we decided to call it quits and head back home. We walked Duster and enjoyed a nice rainless evening. I would come back to this area again.
We are going to leave early in the morning and try to get to Black Diamond, WA. It is near Flaming Geyser State Park east of Seattle.
No comments:
Post a Comment