Of course, we shopped. It seems like we always need something. Or are they really wants? Anyway we went to Cosco's, Home Depot, Lows, Linen and Things, Wal Mart, Ross' and looked at some new and used motorhomes at Bret's RV.
We tried to tour the Smoke Jumper Facilities, but they were closed. We visited the museum there, watched a video and then Charlie took us to meet some of the people he used to work with. I really enjoyed seeing where he used to work. In his younger days Charlie was a Smoke Jumper, working out of Missoula. Then, he helped coordinate people and supplies for fires in many other parts of the States. Now he is retired. Maybe I should say semi-retired. He helps out with the big fires whenever he can. That's why we try to visit him early in the summer. In May he was in Minnesota helping with a fire. Soon after he got home, we showed up at his door step. We had told him we were coming for a visit, but wasn't sure when, since we have no real schedule.
Willard and I went to a Casino while Charlie and Nancy had another commitment. We won some and lost some. Their Casino's are very different from the ones we are used to.
Brandy and his lovely family came over Saturday afternoon and Charlie cooked hamburgers on the grill. We enjoyed getting to know Charlie's grandchildren. One is 2 1/2 years old and the other is about 13, (both girls). We went out for breakfast with them the next morning.
On Monday Willard and Charlie golfed. I stayed home and did my own thing. I also fixed dinner. We went to Wendy's for lunch.
As usual I forgot to take pictures while in Missoula. I took this one with my cell phone at the Farmer's Market where Nancy and I went on Sat. morning. I bought fresh cheese, butter, eggs, breads, Swiss chard, lettuce, radishes, cucumbers, onions, and some fresh flowers. I could hardly carry it all back to the car.

No comments:
Post a Comment