We have really been busy around here. We had a recall on our Tacoma and had to go to Phoenix to get it fixed. We did some shopping while we were there.
Willard took Glen out drywashing to demonstrate the process. They had a good day considering the amount of dirt they moved. The more dirt the more gold. I think Glen was surprised how much work is involved in gold prospecting. But, the prospectors around here love to go out on the desert and HUNT for gold.
I got a perm. It's the first one I've had in years.
We invited Jack and Hazel over for hamburgers the other night. We had a great visit. Willard sang one of their favorite songs for them. Jack is an artist in watercolors and has quite a few of his paintings in galleries in Oregon. He is going to give me a few lessons. I'm looking forward to them.
I'm cutting Willard's hair again. It's been over 25 years since I was the family barber. I just hope other men in the camp don't come asking for haircuts. It's really not my favorite thing to do.
Austin sent us a Flat Stanley (a paper doll) to take prospecting. Austin is in the first grade and he is to give a report on Flat Stanley's visit. We had a great time with Flat Stanley taking him drywashing over by the Vulture Mine. I took pictures of him around the camp as well as stuck to the cacti around Vulture Mine. Then I sent the pictures, a journal, and information about Stanton back to Austin. We even included a little gold and some pretty rocks for his classmates. I hope Austin and the class are happy with the information.
I don't know where the time goes. But, we only have two more months here before we take to the road.
Thursday, February 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment