Monday, February 06, 2006
Typical Day at Stanton?
Actually, there isn't a typical day here at Stanton. At least not for us. I never know what tomorrow will bring. Usually Willard gets up early in the morning and takes Duster for a walk. Then he eats breakfast and heads for the hills to look for more gold. I usually sleep late, something I love to do, but couldn't in my preretirement years. Today, I showered, then went for a 4 mile hike up the back road to a creek. I took Duster because he loves to walk around in the water looking for fish. No fish in this creek though. But, he had fun looking. The walk took me two hours. I stopped along the way to enjoy the views. When I got back I completed two sketches of buildings in camp. I plan on using the sketches for my watercolor subjects. I'm taking private art lessons from an Oregon watercolor artist here at camp. People kept stopping by and admiring my work. Seems I spent most of the time talking. I then practiced my clarinet for about an hour while Willard fell asleep on the couch. After he woke up he decided to play his guitar and sing to me. We had leftovers for lunch and supper. A few friends stopped by. Willard panned out his gold for the day from his concentrate. Then we spent the evening watching television. That's one day at Stanton.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that is so romantic.
Post a Comment