Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Another 6 months has come and went....


I have attempted to bring you up to date with this post.

July 16 - Monday: We slept late then moved on to Arco, ID and stayed at a mom and pop RV park named Mountain View. They had a little restaurant and we had a great dinner there. We met two couples traveling together from California. They asked us a lot of questions about Fulltiming in our motorhome. One question was, "What do you do about buying groceries?" "I shop about once a week in a supermarket!" I replied. I can't imagine what she thought I did. All in all, it was a good stop. Check it out at: http://mountainviewrvarco.com/


July 15 - Sunday: We parked at the Cactus Pete Casino in Jackpot, NV. It was a good stop. We enjoyed the hot tub and had dessert in the cafe. Willard won enough money to pay for our meals, our parking space and gas for our Ford Escape.Nice RV park.


 July 14: We made it to Ely, NV. The RV park at the Prospector's Casino. The RV park left a lot to be desired, but it was okay for an overnight stay. The restaurant was wonderful. The hot tub had too much chlorine in it, so passed up a warm soak.


July 2012: I had my last eye appointment with Dr. Faber in Cedar City. He said I was good to go and he'd see me in a year. That was on July 13. We left Cedar City on the 14th and headed for Missoula, MT. to see Charlie.

View from the back yard.
April - June 2012: While in Cedar City we worked on the Bass Homestead. We (Dan, Trevor, Dave, Willard and I) mended fences, cross fenced the place, put a floor in the shop at the barn, ran water to the barn, added to the automatic sprinkling system, wired the barn for electricity, hauled gravel for the calf stalls, planted 8 fruit trees, hauled off trash, put in and fenced a garden, bought two calves to raise for beef, and worked on the front and back yards.
 
The calves in the barn
View from the barn.
The Garden


Cottonwood tree in the back yard.
The calves and Willard in the pasture.

Jessica, Tyler, and Mckinna came for a short visit. It was great seeing them again. Wish we would have had more time together. Dan took them to the pond for a swim twice and camping up at Three Peaks. We stayed home and fed the calves, which was just fine with us. They were visiting Al and Shanna when we left, so didn't get to say goodby. Won't see them again until next year. :(
And life goes on........

I finished this watercolor.























Trevor graduated from High School then enlisted in the Army.
























The kids came for the graduation. Mckinna couldn't make it. It was great seeing them all again. Tyler, Trevor, Dan, Cassi, Kourtney, &Jessica. The picture was taken in the new shop. 

 

The Chapter 32 Rally

One of the dinners we provided.
Entertainment: Jean, Willard, Charlie, Jan & Charlie

We left for the Chapter 32 Rally in Parker, AZ on March 10. We had to get there early since we and the Carters were the Chapter Hosts. That means were were in charge of scheduling the events, parking the guests, in charge of the food, etc. It turned out to be a great success.
After the Rally we left for St. George, UT to have a visit with Dr. Faber. It seems the buckle he put around my eye ball to help hold my retina in place was coming loose. We decided to remove it, so we set up an appointment for the next week in Salt Lake City for the surgery. So off we went to Ogden, UT to visit with Joey and family and for the surgery on the 29th. After the surgery we moved to Cedar City to recoup.


























March 2012: On Friday the 2nd "The Bass Band" played for the La Fiesta dance at North Ranch. Members of the band were Paul, Janice, Charlie, Willard, and I. It was a lot of fun. We'd never played music for a dance. The only problem I had was that I while I loved watching the dancers, it was cause me to lose my place in the music. I don't think any listeners noticed though. I was also in the parade on Sat. morning and we entertained at the bonfire that evening. See photos below:
At the Bonfire -

Willard, Harvey, and Dianne at the bonfire.
Jean and Charlie at the bonfire



At the parade stopping off to dance. I'm third back on the left.







February 2012: Busy as ever back at North Ranch. We started the month off by entertaining at a Church Cook-Out. That was quite the experience. On Valentines Day we had the Missionaries over for Chicken Fried Steak, mashed potatoes, white gravy, and green beans. I gave them each a homemade valentine. It was a good evening.  On the 19th I worked at Gold Rush Days in Wickenburg. I was a relief worker for the artist's booths at the Art Show. It gives me a chance to get to know some of the artists and admire their talents. On the 21st Alice, Carol, Millie, and I went on a Girl's Trip to Phoenix for 3 days. Besides shopping, eating, and just enjoying each other's company we attended the play, Wicked. It was my second time to see it. The first time was in New York on Broadway several years ago. I enjoyed it both times.

No comments: