Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Another Update - Feb - April

February: We stayed put for a month at North Ranch. There's lots to do here. Never a boring moment: line dancing, beading, jam sessions, breakfast in the park on Sat., ice-cream social on Sun., dinner and karaoke in Yarnell on Fri, and visiting with friends at happy hour. The last week of Feb. Lila and I went to Las Vegas to paint for a week at the Creative Painting Convention. I started 9 paintings and finished some. Here are copies of my favorite ones:
Arches National Park
Oil painting - Jean Bass 2011
Watercolor - Jean Bass 2011


March: March started off with a bang. We had a big celebration at North Ranch. It's called La Fiesta to celebrate finally getting the deeds to our lots in the development. We celebrated with a big bon-fire, a parade the next morning, lunch, and games. We played our music at the bon-fire:
At the bon-fire.

L to R: Charlie, Jean, Willard, Rick
Getting ready to perform
The parade:
Jean in car on right.
Line dancing before the parade.
Line dancers - Jean is in the back row and far right.


After La Fiesta we packed it up and went to Tuscon for the Chapter 32 Rally for a week. We had about 40 rigs there. Some of the activities were: eating, playing music, campfire, card making, silent auction, eating, used book sale, eating, games, eating, touring the area, eating. We had so much fun I forgot to take any pictures.

Then we headed back to North Ranch.

April: We worked in our small yard. Here are some of the pictures of our results:
Our storage trailer - Willard works his jigsaw
puzzles in there. We now have baby birds
in the window box.

Our bird bath for the many birds
in the area in the Spring.

This is where I love to relax with a book,
reflecting, visiting, meditating.


The Sage by our door.

My little veg. garden: squash, green beans,
potatoes, onions, eggplant, radishes, lettuce, carrots, basil, and cucumbers.































Several weeks ago I (Jean) had a mini-stroke. We made it to the stroke center at Del Web hospital in Surprise within the 3 hour window when they can reverse the effects of the stroke. I was in the hospital for several days. And thanks to the doctors and Heavenly Father I am in full recovery. It was indeed a wake-up call.

Our plans are to stay at North Ranch this summer. Of course, you never know. We might get hitch-up itch and move on down the road. Better keep the light on for us. 

No comments: