We finally made it to Usery Park for the Chapter 32 Rally. It was raining when we arrived and poor Ray was directing the parking. He was soaked to the bone. I just hope he doesn't get sick. We parked, unhooked our Tacoma, leveled up and let out the slides, and turned on the TV before we collapsed. It was a stressful two hours driving in the rain, winds, and then on the 101 Loop around Phoenix, Scottsdale, and east of Mesa. We were sure glad to be off the road.
We fired up our furnace and soon it was toasty warm. I was relieved to find out that the Social Hour and Campfire was cancelled. We all went to Golden Corral instead. I'll have to find out who's idea it was and give them an Escapee's Hug. We came back home to watch American Idol and a movie before taking Rocky for his nightly walk. Soon it will be bedtime where we can dream of those beautiful, warm, sunny days in Arizona.

No comments:
Post a Comment