Saturday, May 16, 2009

Another April Came and Went

I'm making a feable attempt to remember what happened in April. The first week I volunteered to wash dishes for the Busy Bakers at North Ranch. It is indeed a treat when they roll up their sleeves to bake breads and sweet rolls as a money maker for the park. The next week I attended Bead Week at the Activities Center and ended up making two very nice bracelets (if I must say so myself). It was an intense two days. We also attended the Senior Center luncheon. Both the food and company was great. We returned in two more weeks to entertain for about an hour before heading for Cedar City. We spent the rest of the month at Dan's place helping him get some yard work done. We had to repair a fence, put in a clean out for the sewer, run electricty for our motorhome, and fix some leaky faucets. We cleaned the property making a manure pile, lumber pile, compost pile, rock pile, and brush pile. We mowed the lawn, and trimmed some fruit trees. It was a lot of work,but I think it was well worth it. The place is starting to look and feel like a home. It is amazing how Dan has managed to furnish it on a very thight budget. It's been a good thing.

No comments: