This morning we decided to visit Hovenweep National Monument. It didn't look very far away from Cortez, Co. Needless to say 40 miles later we arrived at the park entrance. It was a nice drive in the back country. We didn't realize it would require a hike to see most of the ruins, so we didn't come prepared with hiking shoes, hats, sunscreen and water. Therefore, we just walked to the first lookout . The view was worth the journey. We could see some of the ruins. You can go to http://www.jqjacobs.net/southwest/hovenweep.html to check out the ruins there. I didn't take any picures because I forgot my camera AGAIN! We got back to Cortez about 1:00 and had lunch. Since I was so tired after watching hurricane IKE envade Galveston most of the night, I tried to take a nap while Willard watched a football game on TV. I ended up reading. The weather is beautiful here this time of year. We turned off the air conditioner and opened the windows to let the cool gentle breeze flow through our motorhome. Life is good.
1 comment:
Hi Jean,
Just caught up with your blog - nice to be on the move, isn't it.
Where are you headed? We are in Farmington, NM right now. Will be here probably a week or more.
Janice
Post a Comment