Thursday, August 14, 2008

Blue Bucket 2008

We arrived in Blue Bucket July 20. It is a LDMA gold prospecting camp in eastern Oregon. This camp happens to be on the Oregon Trail. It's hard to imagine that over 300,000 people stopped off here on their way to Williamette Valley to claim their homestead. I walk their trail through camp each evening. I am in awe of those pioneers who walked on the average of 15 miles a day. My walk is about one mile. It takes me about 25 minutes and I'm exausted.




As usual, we have met several special people here at Blue Buckt. I love collecting friends in our travels. We enjoy coming here each summer. Several of our Stanton friends are here this year too.

Willard relaxes in our "front yard."




Willard prospects for gold about two hours each morning. He finds a little gold each day. It does add up. He uses his dry-washer to seperate the gold from the dirt, afterwhich he pans the concentrates.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

That diggin for gold looks like work and that's a four letter word - LOL. Just checking in to see what y'all are up to.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.