Well, we moved over to our lot at North Ranch early Friday morning (I think it was Friday). Anyway so far we have attended an Ice Cream Social, visited a Woodcarving class, and began getting acquainted with neighbors. Monday I went to Surprise, AZ with my Stanton Cruise buddies to shop and have lunch. I really like getting away with the girls. Willard stayed home and worked his crossword puzzle and did some work on the patio. Today Bill and Karen and two of their friends came over for supper. I guess you could say we are in the process of saying good-by to our Stanton friends. We have such mixed feelings. We're excited about getting back on the road, yet we know we will miss everyone. Here are some pictures I took this afternoon. I thought you might be interested in our new "home."

This is just an example of the sunsets around here. They are truly breathtaking.

This is a little park across the street.
Below is a picture of our motorhome parked on our lot. As you can see, there is a lot of work to be done.


This is one of our neighbor's lots. I like the oleanders.


This is the back yard of one of the lots. I like the trees and privacy fence. There are about 400 lots here at North Ranch. Some are big lots with nice homes and some are small lots (like ours). There is also and RV Park here where you rent a spot by the day. We have a Club House and Activities Center. Activities are line dancing, various interest groups: woodcarving, beading, quilting, writing, gold prospecting, book club, Tai Chi, rubber stamping, ham radio, painting, and crafts. There are also classes dealing with the computer, all kinds of card games, and a weekly jam session. There is a social hour each afternoon, and Ice Cream Socials, Sunday Breakfast, and Pot Luck dinners. If you are bored around here it's your own fault. After we are here for awhile and develop friendships we will have a much needed support group. Of course, we will keep in touch with our dear friends at Stanton. Most of them go back home during the spring and summer. However, some take to the road as we usually do.
No comments:
Post a Comment