
Our sweet little Duster passed away on August 2, 2007. He had a tumor in his prostrate and couldn't eliminate his waste. Surgery was not an option, and we couldn't let him suffer. It was a very difficult decision.
Duster was such a joy for us. He loved to travel to new places. And he always greeted us with a wagging tail no matter how long we left him alone. Our guests were greeted at our door by him. Willard and Duster took several daily walks. He liked meeting other dogs on those trips around the RV parks or neighborhoods. Duster rarely barked. He knew he was not to bark in RV parks. And he loved kids, especially his grandkids. We will surely miss him.
2 comments:
Hi Jean,
I'm Mikki, I answered one of your posts on SCBWI on July 19th, I think. I just got back on the discussion boards, had some "password" problems and then have been really busy. I am so sorry to hear about Duster. We lost our Golden Retriever 2 years ago at age 14, and I miss her every day. Our Bassett, Holly Marie, is now 12, has become totally deaf so I'm not sure how much longer we will have her. I hope you will get a new little traveler, life is so much better with a pet! Puppies can be a problem in an RV, but there are some wonderful young dogs waiting to be loved in the shelters. I hope you get this, if you do let me know! My email is: mikkisadil@charter.net. I don't go to the discussion boards all the time.
Jean and Willard, I am so sorry to hear about Duster. That's the most precious thing you can do for your pet when the time comes, hard as it is on us humans. (I had to put Abbott, my cat down a few years ago; it was heartbreaking.)
Pets understand death so much better than we do, and they do depend on us to relieve them of their suffering when the time comes.
Glad you're still in my home state of Washington, and hitting all the best spots apparently.
Take care, and safe traveling to both of you
Becky (lobster in the SCBWI forums)
Post a Comment