Wednesday, November 08, 2006

You Mean It's Already November 7?

I can't believe time is passing so fast. We have been in Stanton for over a month. Unbelievable! Things that have been happening during the past month: (1) Lois (see last post) went back to California. I enjoyed visiting with her. (2) We started having Pot Lucks again on Friday nights. Willard and I played for the first one. Hollywood Don played his Johnny Cash songs, too. I was really nervous. (3) We started Bingo again. Willard called the numbers when Carol was out of camp. We won enough to play the next game. (4) The Opera house is closed while it is being remodeled. We are having to stop Bingo and have outside Pot Luck dinners for awhile. (5) We bought a new mattress. It is soooo comfortable. (6) Our Red Hats went to the Ranch House up in Yarnell for brunch. Some rode their ATVs. About 20 attended. It was fun getting together again. (7) Mary and Allan arrived. I went over and looked at all the jewelry she has made. It was impressive. We wire-wrapped several pieces. I sure needed a review and she has become an expert. Yesterday, we went to Burrow Creek to look for purple fire agat for Allan to make cabs from, then Mary will wire-wrap them. It was a jeep trip I'll never forget. This morning I was so sore I could hardly get out of bed. (8) Debbie had a yard sale. Willard sold a dry washer he bought in Blue Bucket this summer. It was at a price he couldn't refuse (even though he didn't really need another one). Anyway, he sold it at the yard sale for what he paid for it. (9) I sold my A clarinet on Ebay for $700. I still have my B flat clarinet. (10) We bought a fiddle to try to play. Hope to get in a few lessons just to know how to hold it correctly and get a good start. (11) We've had several jam sessions in our screen room out back. Don, Hollywood, and George have been jamming with us some. I still like it when Willard and I play together though. (12) I made flyers for Mary's Jewelry business, the Camp Art Club, and for our Red Hat Outing next week. (13) Today we had a meeting over at Jeanie's to finalize the Red Hat Cookbook. What busy lives we lead......now I've got to wash the clothes and fix supper. That never ends!

No comments: