We arrived in Stanton last Monday. It was fun traveling with Bill and Karen. The road into Stanton was really rough, but that's to be expected on a primative road. Several weeks ago there was a lot of needed rain, but it washed out part of the road. Our motorhome took a beating through that wash. Now, we are parked for the winter. We are in the same site as last year (across the road from the flag pole). I washed clothes and hung them out to dry. We have to wash with cold water and there are no dryers here. About once a month I take the clothes to the laundrymat in Congress.
Willard dry washed Wednesday morning and came home with some gold, as usual. This morning Bill and Willard rode their ATV's to look over some new claims. They felt really good about prospecting the area. Willard says he will use his metal detector more this year.
We went to Prescott yesterday to shop and to visit Don and Penny, who are camp hosts at a state park in the area. It was so good to see them again. Today we had Bill and Karen over for supper. We ate outside, but the flys were so bad, I was wishing we had eaten inside the rig. Afterward we played a game then sat around and talked well into the night.
It was a good day. Dan called and brought us up to date on his challenging life. Willard called Joey and talked football. And I finished my non-fiction assignment. Tomorrow I have to rent a postoffice box so that I can send for children's magazines and study the kinds of articles they like to print. Hopefully, they will print some of my work. My instructor says I should expect lots of rejections before I sell an article. I'm bracing myself for that.
Sunday, October 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment