Sunday, April 02, 2006

Western Horizon RV Park in St. David, AZ

Yesterday we arrived at the St. David park about noon. After setting up and eating lunch we attended an Ice Cream Social. We just relaxed the rest of the afternoon. Then we attended the Southwestern BBQ Supper in the park. We met some wonderful people. One couple was from Pueblo, Co. and were retired from education. Another couple was from Switzerland. They spend about 6 months in the US each year. After eating we were entertained by the Hired Hands Band. Another memorable day in this lifestyle.

Today Willard fished in one of the two ponds. He caught several crappie, but threw them back. Then we attended another ice cream social and was entertained by the Olde Tyme Fiddlers. They played favorite old tunes. After supper Willard went fishing again. Jean sat in the hot tub. Willard joined her later. We met people from Alaska, Louisiana, Wyoming, and Oregon. Tomorrow we plan on touring the Tucson area. The tempertures are cool nights and warm days. We couldn't ask for better weather. Worth doesn't like it much because he can't go outside with out a leash. Duster is always happy! Peggy (and Ray) called and asked us to come over to North Ranch for a visit. She didn't realize that we had already left Stanton. Jeannie (and Jim) called from Indiana just to talk. It was good to hear from her. Got an email from Bill and Karen. Wish they were here. I tried selling one of my clarinets (I have 3 with me) on eBay, but the bids weren't high enough. I'm not going to give it away, so I'll just keep it. Maybe I will meet someone on the road that will want it.

No comments: